Chef and Healthy Cooking Expert Julie Hartigan shares easy recipes, cooking tips, and a fun upbeat approach to living a healthy lifestyle on Instagram @cookingwjulie, on her blog Cooking W Julie Dot Com where you can get a copy of her free cookbook “10 Healthy Meals in Under 20 Minutes” and on her popular YouTube show “Where Happy Meets Healthy”! A regular on morning and lifestyle shows, Julie has published 1000’s of recipes and works with some of the biggest names in cooking and lifestyle including Weight Watchers, Bed Bath Beyond, Real Simple, Shape Magazine, Food Network, and more.
This EASY crowd-pleasing recipe combines crushed Oreos, melted chocolate, and a candy cane topping in a super delicious treat everyone will love! Fun for kids to help make too – these pretty treats are perfect for holiday gifting.Course: DessertKeyword: bark, candy cane, chocolate, cookies, oreo, oreos, peppermint Servings: 30 Calories: 129kcal
- 2 10 oz bags chocolate chips dark or semisweet
- 10 Oreo cookies split and chopped
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/8 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 large candy canes crushed
- Line a 15×10 ” sheet pan with parchment. In the top of a double boiler or a metal or glass bowl over simmering water, melt chocolate; stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cookies; spread mixture over prepared pan.
- Place white chocolate chips in a small glass bowl and stir in vegetable oil. Microwave on high until melted, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Stir in peppermint extract.
- Drizzle over oreo mixture and sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
- Place in refrigerator for one hour to set, break or cut into pieces.
You can also swap in holiday flavored or mint Oreos to give this recipe a colorful twist!If you like you can melt the white chocolate chips and vegetable oil in a small sandwich baggie in a bowl in the microwave. Just snip the corner to easily drizzle the white chocolate garnish on top!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 129kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 33mg | Potassium: 14mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 42IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg